We've got the buses, we've got the routes, but what we need to provide the perfect bus service is
the perfect driver...
If you've got a car licence with a year's driving experience and know that you can deliver great customer service then YOU could be our missing puzzle piece.
You will become the face of our business and an integral part of the local community.
You will be responsible for keeping all of our customers safe on their travels, making sure they feel welcomed with fantastic customer service, helping them to connect with places and loved ones.
Full training will be given from day one and you'll earn as you learn, plus there is even FREE travel for you and your family*
We have full - time vacancies for non-licence holders and our depots are based in Dereham, Harleston and Postwick and we will always try to accommodate your request of where you want to be based.
We pay between £10.73- £20.00 per hour ( T & C's apply)
What do I need to apply?
- Full UK driving licence (car) with at least 6 months driving experience and no more than 3 points.
- Available to work full time shift work which may include; early mornings, late evenings, weekends and bank holidays.
- Be passionate about providing outstanding levels of customer service at all times.
- Be able to stay calm under pressure and make on the spot decisions.
Benefits of working for us
- Initial and ongoing training.
- A stable income with our guaranteed 40 hour working week and optional overtime often available.
- You will receive £10.73 whilst training. On achieving your licence we will recognise this and pay you £11.65 an hour for your first year as a newly qualified bus driver. After gaining a year's experience (or if working rest days) you will receive another increase to a full driver wage of £12.45 an hour (Monday to Saturday), £12.83 (for late's or Sundays)
- Rail overtime paid at an enhanced rate of £20 per hour.
- Free travel for you and your family across the Go East Anglia Network and other Go-Ahead regional bus companies.
- Employee Assistance Programme accessible by all employees, employees partners and children between the ages of 16-24 living at home in full time education with resources including financial/legal/mental health advice, lifestyle courses and workshops and counselling services.
- Opportunities to develop your career- Our Managing Director started as a bus driver!
- Company pension.
- Cycle to Work Scheme.
- Friendly teams.
- Uniform provided to you.
- Company mobile phone provided.
- Be part of the Go-Ahead Group one of the largest UK transport providers with operations expanding internationally.
- We’re an equal opportunity and Disability Confident employer, which means we recruit and develop people based on their merit and passion. We’re committed to providing an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment process. If you need the job description or application form in an alternative format (such as large print or audio) please contact us at [email protected]