Proposed Timetable Changes - 2 Jan 2019
Page last updated: 15/11/18 11:15hrs regarding route 84/87/88
Affects routes; 3, 5, 5B, 6, 6A, 8, 9, 11, 37A, 84, 87, 88
Please see below proposed timetable changes to parts of the Konectbus network for Wednesday 2nd January 2019. Most of the changes are timetable adjustments to help our buses run to time due to increased congestion in certain areas such as Norwich, Dereham and near the N&NU Hospital. Unfortunately due to unsustainable losses route 5 between Queen's Hills and Norwich, and route 87* (Bungay - Poringland - Stoke Holy Cross - Norwich) will be withdrawn. Anyone who has purchased a season ticket for a route or journey that is affected by the changes below please get in touch with us.
* route 87 will not be withdrawn in the evenings and on Sundays & bank holidays
Route 3, 6 & 6A
Thetford - Watton
Toftwood - Shipdham - Watton
Watton - Hingham - N&NU Hospital (3) / Wymondham (6/6A) - Norwich
We’re making some changes to improve the punctuality of our buses in the face of growing traffic congestion. Our plans are currently being reviewed by Norfolk County Council, who provide financial support for part of the operation, and we would welcome comments from you via email (email@example.com), phone or letter.
Summary; please note:
- The 0700 and 0745 6 departures from Watton have been advanced 5 minutes and will now depart at 0655 and 0740 respectively.
- The 0745 3 from Thetford has been advanced 5 minutes and will now depart at 0740.
- The 1645 3 from Norwich will now leave 5 minutes later at 1650 to ensure a prompt departure in the evening peak.
- The 0815 6 from Norwich will depart at 0810 on schooldays and 0820 on non-schooldays and Saturdays.
- The 0840 from Watton to Great Hockham, and the 0857 Great Hockham to Watton have been withdrawn due to low usage
- The 1044/1444 from Thetford to Watton, and the 1124/1324 from Watton to Thetford, will omit East Wretham Camp due to low usage.
- Journeys arriving into Watton High Street from Norwich will continue to Swaffham Road roundabout bus stop opposite the petrol station.
- Journeys starting and finishing in Shipdham will be extending from/to Toftwood, Shipdham Road, Westfield Road.
- The change to the 6A only affects the 1910 departure from Norwich which has revised times. This journey will connect with a new journey from Watton to Toftwood via Shipdham.
Queen's Hills - Dereham Road - Norwich - Yarmouth Road - Postwick P&R
Route 5 will be withdrawn between Queen's Hills, Dereham Road and Norwich. This difficult decision has been made due to unsustainable losses on this corridor. Route 5 between Postwick Park & Ride and Norwich will still operate and operate to a revised timetable. We would like to thank our customers who have used Konectbus route 5 since it started in 2007 and advise there is an alternative with First's route 24/24A- view timetable here.
We welcome your comments on the above proposed changes so please get in touch via email (firstname.lastname@example.org), phone or letter.
Stalham - Wroxham - Norwich
Revised Sunday timetable including revised times from and to Stalham. Route 5B on Sundays will connect with route 8 to Dereham.
Toftwood - Dereham - Norwich
Revised Sunday & bank holiday timetable with better train connections at Norwich Rail Station for trains to/from London. We have allowed more time to help improve punctuality.
Attleborough - Wymondham - N&NU Hospital
The 0655 9 from Wymondham to the N&NU Hospital will be advanced 5 minutes to give it more running time with increased traffic in the Wymondham/Hethersett area and condition of the highway between Hethersett and Lt Melton.
Dereham - Watton - Swaffham
The 0710 departure from Dereham to Watton has been advanced 5 minutes and will depart at 0705. There are also minor revised times on Sundays & bank holidays to improve punctuality.
Mulbarton - Norwich
Revised timetable on Sundays & bank holidays to improve punctuality.
Harleston - Shotesham - Stoke Holy Cross - Norwich
See updated comments under route 87/88 summary.
Route 87/88 (and route 84 Harleston - Norwich)
Southwold - Halesworth - Bungay
Bungay - Poringland - Norwich
Due to continuing unsustainable losses we have made the difficult decision to withdraw route 87 (Bungay - Poringland - Upper Stoke - Stoke Holy Cross - Caistor St Edmund - Trowse - Norwich), except in the evenings and on Sundays & bank holidays. Stoke Holy Cross and Caistor St Edmund will be served by Konectbus route 84. Upper Stoke will no longer be served by Konectbus.
An hourly timetable (route 88) will operate between Southwold and Bungay via Halesworth, and Bungay and Norwich via Poringland with through connections (no change of bus required) in Bungay. The train connections at Halesworth Rail Station for trains from/to Ipswich are maintained.
Due to very low usage and to improve punctuality Broome will no longer be served. Simonds route 581 links Broome with Bungay five times a day view timetable here
To improve punctuality Norwich's St Stephens Street will no longer be served on journeys heading into the city; it will still be served after Norwich Bus Station.
From 19 December 2018 we will no longer be operating the Norwich to Framingham Earl High School contract to Norfolk County Council. We will update this page when the new operator is announced.
*** Update on 09/11/18 at 1640hrs ***
Konectbus and Norfolk County COuncil have been working together following the announcement of the revisions to route 87. An analysis of the current demand has led to the following revisions.
- Broome. Two journeys have been included to enable passengers to get to work/college in Norwich, the 0820 arrival in Norwich and the 1745 from Norwich will both serve the village.
- Stoke Holy Cross and Upper Stoke. Route 84 (Harleston - Shotesham - Stoke Holy Cross - Norwich) will be re-routed at Shotesham, the new route will be Shotesham - Poringland - Upper Stoke - Stoke Holy Cross - Caistor St Edmund - Norwich. The frequency of the route is lower than what passengers have been used to, however the timetable reflects the past demand and available funding.
- Journeys between Trowse and Stoke Holy Cross with Framingham Earl High School will remain with Konectbus.
Full, revised timetable will be available during w/c 11 November on this webpage. Route 84 will be closely monitored following the change and there may be further revisions subject to funding being available.
*** Update on 15/11/18 at 1115hrs ***
We have received notification from Norfolk County Council that First Norwich intend to operate an hourly Poringland - Stoke Holy Cross - Norwich timetable from 6 January 2019. Please visit First's website for more information which will be available shortly. As a result of this announcement we will not re-route the 84.
We welcome your comments on the above proposed changes so please get in touch via email (email@example.com), phone or letter. Alternatively you can contact Norfolk County Council by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org