You can get a discount on a Family Anywhere Day or a Norwich Park and Ride Group ticket, when you travel using our new, improved travel app this Sunday 19th September.
Enjoy a great day out across Norfolk for just £5* with a Konectbus Family Anywhere Day ticket or avoid paying hefty parking charges in the city, and travel with Norwich Park and Ride for just £1*.
How do I claim?
To enjoy our special travel offer this Sunday, passengers need to buy a m-ticket on the Konectbus app using one of the following discount codes:
Konectbus Anywhere Family Day - KBCFD21
Norwich Park and Ride Group Day– CFDSEPT21
The discount ticket can only be used for travel on Sunday 19th September 2021.
If you don’t already have an app account, don’t worry, it's very easy to set one up!
Simply type Konectbus into Google Play or Apple Store and download onto your smart phone or tablet, then follow the instructions to create yourself account.
Once your account is set up, tap the three lines on the search bar and head to the tickets tab. Simply select a family anywhere day ticket, or Norwich Park and Ride Group Day ticket, and enter the relevant discount code as you go into the checkout.
For more information about our Konectbus App - click here
How many people can travel together on these tickets?
Anywhere Family Day Ticket allows 1 adult and up to 4 children or 2 adults and up to 3 children under 16 to travel by bus together. Normal price of ticket is £16.00.
Norwich Park and Ride allows up to 5 people to travel together for a day on route 501. Normal price of ticket is £7.40 (before 10am on Mondays to Fridays).
Where do our services run on Sunday?
- Dereham on the 8
- Salhouse, Wroxham and Hoveton on the 5B
- Hingham and Watton on the 3
- Poringland and Bungay on the 40A
- Long Stratton on the 1
With Norwich Park and Ride:
- Route 501 from Thickthorn Park and Ride – easily accessible from the A11/A47
Great days out by bus:
- Norwich - browse the high street and independent stores, stroll around the many parks and gardens, discover its historical attractions or enjoy a drink by the river banks of the Wensum. There's so much to explore within our beautiful city of stories.
- Wroxham Broads - ride the 5B to Wroxham. Go for a walk along the broads or hire a boat on the water. Enjoy family fun at Bewilderwood or a ride on a train at the Bure Valley Railway. Great for shopping at the local department store Roys.
- Dereham - take route 8 to the Market Town of Dereham for the cinema or bowling. Visit the windmill or ride to Wymondham on-board the Mid Norfolk Railway heritage train.
- Watton - take a trip on the 3 to reach Watton and explore its local history or a walk in its 78 acre Wayland Wood, which dates back over 1,000 years and is rich in wildlife!
Please check opening times and booking conditions direct with each attraction before you travel to avoid any disappointment.
Some of the great benefits of travelling by bus:
- Taking the bus and takes more cars off the roads
- Ease city and town congestion by leaving your car at home
- Increase your daily steps on route to your bus stop
- Enjoy free time for you to catch up on the socials as you travel by bus
- Save money on expensive city centre parking
- Reduce your carbon footprint and what’s more, you can now view how many steps you have taken on our fabulous new app
- Reduce emissions and help combat global warming
- Help to combat loneliness and isolation by chatting to your fellow passengers – from a safe distance of course!
- Improve your physical health, and also your mental health
What is Car Free Day?
The first British Car Free Day was held in 1994 in Bath and has since expanded across the country. Many other large towns and cities are now involved.
Car Free Day was first introduced to show people how short trips in cities can often be reached more quickly by bike or by bus, rather than using a car.
The challenge is to ditch your car for the day and use sustainable modes of transport instead: like walking, cycling and catching the bus.
There are lots of places to visit and things to do, whether it's for families, groups of friends or couples - or you just want some time out on your own.